11. A Chilean Landmark

A landmark that at least I visited a few years ago is the "Embalse el Yeso", I have gone only twice and well the reservoir is one of the iconic places of Cajón del Maipo, this is located in the heart of the Andes mountain range, at an altitude of 2500 m above sea level and is an artificial reservoir of water accumulated by means of a dam.

The first time I visited it was approximately in 2017, I went with my sister fran, my cousins (ariel, horacio, sofi and benja). We went super in a super improvised way, since we went to stay at horacio's after a birthday and the next day horacio came up with the idea to take us. I remember we did a lot of walking and none of us were "prepared" or better said equipped, I went with converse, they got muddy and then wet from the snow/ice, I was unsheltered but I really enjoyed going. The place was very nice, I remember it too beautiful and the truth is that all we did was contemplate the view.

The second time I visited it was in 2021, I went with my sisters (fran and bárbara) and my uncles (erika and oscar). We went without planning it before, we were just at my aunt and uncle's place in Puente Alto and at night we thought about it, we got up early the next day, got ready and left quickly. On the way we stopped to buy some things to eat and I remember that the trip was very funny because my uncle's car is old (it's more like a van) and the road there was almost pure soil, rocks and curves, so we were all laughing about what could happen or that the car would stop (get stuck/ quedar en pana) but it was nervous laughter that it would stop just in a rise with a prominent curve. Well in the end we arrived safe and sound, it was cloudy and very very cold, there were many people and no snow/ice. We started the tour on foot and when we were almost reaching the highest part just came out a ray of sunshine and I thought it was going to clear but the sun went away and my aunt suffered from altitude sickness. Well, I had a great time anyway and I think the trip was what I enjoyed the most because I was both sad and angry to see how dirty the place was, full of garbage, empty wrappers, I even saw diapers thrown away. I hope that if you go or go again it will be clean and clear :)

PS: in the pictures we are in the same place but i don't think it shows :(


Comentarios

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

1. Introduction

9. Someone from my family

a meal i really like