8. Lenguage

I started to really learn English in the girls high school I went to from the age of 12 to 18, since in the previous school (from the age of 7 to 11) there was not a good English program so the classes were in Spanish most of the time, The program was based more on learning things that for me are not so useful (colors, numbers, greetings and I think that's all), every year we saw the same thing and instead of us speaking and practicing our English, they were more interested in grammar and writing well what little we knew. 

Well, when I changed institution, it was a big change for me, since the English classes were really in English, the teacher spoke in English all the time and it caught my attention so I tried to study as much as possible to do well, I started to listen to more music in English, especially pop. In class I remember that I liked doing word searches, reading texts/books in English and doing karaoke (it was a lot of fun, since no one sang well).

My "journey" in learning English from my perspective has been long and I still have a long, long way to go, since the most complicated thing for me is to speak in English, I already have a hard time speaking well in Spanish jsjaja. In the same way I do not give up on the idea of being able to speak more fluent English but I think I constantly reinforce more listening and reading it, because I watch series or movies in English, obviously if it is the original language of what I'm watching  (the first series I watched in English was teen wolf).


I think it has helped me a lot and it will continue to help me because English is super necessary nowadays and to travel, for example to several countries with different languages, it is likely that in all of them, more than one person knows English.


And finally in relation to the English culture, the truth is that I don't know this one, I think I don't know anything :(


Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

1. Introduction

9. Someone from my family

a meal i really like